Procedures for Running a Sync Sound Narrative Film Set by Chat Gunter (adapted)
1. Position the camera only for the opening master shot. (Hook the Reader).
2. Rehearse the blocking and dialog of the entire scene with the actors. (Introduce your characters).
3. Crew will light, mic, prop, grip, and ready the set for shooting. (Set the scene).
5. … The director calls, “Action!” (Spark the complication and plot arc).
6. Shoot. (Go for it).
7. When the action is completed, the director calls “Cut!” and the camera is turned off. (End your story sharply, all ‘boom shadows’ cleared and away.)